Sunday, October 21, 2012

Delusion in Death Book Review

J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts) is either one of the most prolific writers working today or has a host of ghostwriters working for her. Either way she is selling a ton of books and I read everyone of them. With that statement you know I'm a fan and will not be writing the usual book review, but instead will just recommend any of her books for escapist reading as they pull you in and keep you with her till 'the End.'

Delusion in Death is perhaps a little more fast-paced than usual as Lt. Eve Dallas works almost around the clock with her detective team in 2050 NYC to prevent mass murder via mind blowing chemicals. Her team is made up of returning characters with a couple of those characters getting more exposure this time around. I guess I like her books because of the dialogue. She does it with quips and threats and humor between characters. I don't have to skip over paragraphs and paragraphs of introspection or description that makes me impatient when reading these days.

I would suggest if you're new to Robb's 'Death' series to start with the first in the series, Naked in Death, 1995. It's not mandatory but you'll have a vested interest in the characters and understand more of the insider comments if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment