Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Objects of My Affection Book Review

The premise of this book hooked me. Lucy Bloom is an organizer given the job of clearing out an artist's house with a deadline that is an important part of the plot. The artist is a hoarder and refuses to let go of her stuff creating most, but not all, of the tension in the story. I like my 'stuff' too so I picked this up to discover how the cleaning out goes. Along the way I found myself guessing as to what happens to the hard working organizer who has recently lost her job, her boyfriend and sold her house to pay for her drug addict son's therapy.

I crave happy endings so this book pretty much tied up the storyline the way I wanted with a few surprises along the way. I'll be reading Jill Smolinski's earlier book, The Next Thing On My List, now that I've enjoyed Objects of My Affection.

No comments:

Post a Comment